Sunday, March 22, 2009
@7:32 PM
INTEMPO 2009, Violin Exam
Intempo 2009 ended on a high note with Instant Concert, a highly spirited encore piece. Looking back, I have to say it wasn’t exactly easy for a band to adapt to our new music director in a short duration of 3 months. But we made it, and performed all the same like how we did under the tutelage of Mr Tan; our techniques and musicality remained. I’m grateful to Prof Ho for his guidance and patience in the past few months during our concert preparations. :)
I’m not sure what our last ticket sales count was, but I was truly glad to witness the positive turnout for the concert. At the very least, the stall seats were packed, and some of the audiences had to sit at the grand circle seats. The ticket count might not have hit a thousand but such audience attendance is already commendable, considering the fact that the tickets were not selling well prior to the concert day. Well, I guess a good number of people turned up at the last minute, which is…great!
More importantly, I would like to thank my cousin, Xiuning for her support, and for bringing 2 of her friends along to boost my ticket sales. :) I would also like to thank Lai Yee and David for their continuous support, Daniel, Jieying, Ee Yan and Hui Yan for their presence and gifts and rare audiences like Sheila and Jasmine for the cute smiley flower which brighten up my day. Truly truly appreciate them for forking out their time to watch the concert at UCC.
On a different issue, I was happy and relieved to hear that Ganbee passed her Grade 1 Violin exam with distinction! A pleasant surprise for both of us, cos we made a little blunder at her third piece, and she told me that her sight-reading was bad. In any case, she scored 134 marks out of 150, which is really good! Although I am only her piano accompanist (somemore, an inexperienced piano accompanist), I am truly happy for her achievements.
I learnt, that a simple act of helping a friend in need, without asking for any monetary return can be so rewarding. :)
Yearn for the days of innocence