Wednesday, December 03, 2008
@2:25 PM
Wedding Planning Diploma
Attended a talk on specialist Dip. in Wedding Planning. I’m not genuinely interested in this field, but I just wanna find out about the wedding planning business and what the course is all about.
8 course modules in total.
We will be equipped with essential skills needed to make the dream wedding of a couple come true. It includes mainly organizational and financial skills such as budgeting, thematic weddings, preparation of venue for the real thing and learning about different traditions and practices in wedding. On top of that, we will be exposed to some entrepreneurial skills necessary to run a business in wedding planning and also, some counselling skills. Practical and theory will be taught concurrently.
To make the course convenient for working individuals, the course is conducted weekly at night. It requires one to commit a total of 8 months’ before she can become a fully certified wedding planner.
Till then, the introductory talk of the course last evening was attractive.
BUT I didn’t expect it to be costly. It costs as much as my uni education without moe grant. However, there is this bursary award thingy that reduces the expenses by more than half. Still, I feel that it’s not exactly worth it. This is a brand new course with no past batches of graduates. More or less, it makes me jittery if this course is credible.
Anyhow, I was only curious about it that’s why I attended with PL.
Ok la, I guess if one is really interested in the field, they won’t mind spending the money and time in the course.
Yearn for the days of innocence