Let's forget the negatives.
Site
Best viewed in IE.
Image X
Brushes X | X
Hosted X | X | X
Designer X | X

Yelrihs
Huili
19 June
blue

Loves: family,friends, hammy, music, TV
Dislikes: smokers

Memoires

January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009

Plugs

Alicia
Clara
Cloud
Daniel Kang
Hammy
Royal King
Lady J
Keehui
Nancy
Siew Chen
Zari

Yak

Saturday, August 30, 2008
@1:11 PM

1 Litre no Namida

I heard about this drama long time ago, but I only watched it yesterday. Never did I have the intention to finish all 11 episodes at one go on youtube, but my instant addiction to the drama made me watch one episodes after another. To my surprise, I actually completed the series in about 10 hours.

An adaption of "A Diary of Tears", this japanese drama is about a 15-year-old girl named Aya Kitō who suffered from spinocerebellar ataxia (a terminal degenerative disease). Despite all the sufferings she had to undergo at such a young age, she struggled to face up with her illness and lived her life to the fullest until her death at 25.

While some of us may take life for granted, but Aya's only wish was simply "to live". Just being alive for her is such a lovely and wonderful thing. Every epsiode in the drama shows how progressively and cruelly the disease had stolen her physical abilities. At the beginning, she would wobble occasionally while she walked. She was prone to losing her balance and getting bruised all over her body. As the disease progressed, she had difficulties even to perform routine tasks, like walking (she needed a wheelchair), eating (she tend to choke), speaking, and even writing. She found it hard to accept the fact that she's contracted with this incurable disease. "Why does it choose me", she often asked. I should be grateful to wake up every morning, knowing that I am still healthily alive in this world, and I have the freedom to pursue whatever I wish to go for. On the other hand, Aya did not have the choice but to give up on her dreams...

Because of her illness, she lost the guy of her dream.
Because of her illness, she had to give up her fav sport, basketball no matter how outstanding she used to be as a player.
Because of her illness, she could not enjoy normal high school life like how her peers did. Her friends spent their summer holidays doing the things they like, and she had to spend it in the hospital doing rehabilitation.
Because of her illness, she could not attend a normal high school and had to be separated from her friends. She had to attend special school for the disabled instead.
Because of her illness, her future is bleak. She did not know where to go after she graduated from the school for disabled. Meanwhile, her friends went on to pursue their dreams. They attended University and took courses of their choices.

But, because of her illness, she inspired and helped many with the dairy she wrote. Her earnest desire to live gave her the courage and determination to face the realities of life and fight the disease till the end. Without the love and concern her family and friends showered onto her, she could not have possibly pull it through.

I applaud her ability to stay calm and strong despite all the adversities in her life. She is truly one brave soul I admire.

For those who havent caught the drama, I strongly recommend you to watch! But do prepare a box of tissues like I do. I cried buckets for it.



"To be able to smile and tell you this, I have probably at least, cried one litre of tears."
(Quote from Aya in the drama when she revealed her tragic illness to her class before she left the high school.)



Yearn for the days of innocence