Saturday, January 06, 2007
@1:18 PM
My last day of work today! But that is as good as school is starting soon. Argh. Well, I've been fully occupied for a month with work. Although I wasnt introduced to alot of new stuffs still, I enjoyed working with my goody bunch of colleagues. Before I left the bank to resume my study, I gave them a box of freshly baked pineapple tarts to shower them with sweet memories of me. haha. Yup, I baked the tarts personally; Spent the entire afternoon of mon's public holiday to master the baking skills from mom. And my efforts paid off! Cos' I received positive feedbacks from my colleagues. Really have to thank mom for passing the 'secret recipe' to me!
A little unpleasantries happened on my last day of work though. I dated a female colleague from another department for lunch. To my dismay, she 'flew me aeroplane'! I am disappointed with her due to her irresponsibility; She didnt bother to give me a ring before she decided to lunch with her friends. I only found out after I gave her a call. Oh well. I wasnt making a big fuss out of such trivial matter; but it's exactly such trivial and unimportant things that make up a good friendship. I always have positive impression of this colleague from my start day of work, but this little thing actually spoilt my perceived image of her.
On a lighter note, I attended NUSWS band prac yesterday. Leonard Tan is really an inspiring conductor! Really learnt loadsss from him. He knows what he wants for the particular music piece, and whatever he wants is also clearly conveyed to us during the rehearsals. That's why I thought he is rather efficient in going through the pieces! Talking about the pieces...the music pieces are very nice! Couldnt remember their names now..but will sure update here when the concert is round the corner. So now you know, I've decided to perform for their March concert =)
Yearn for the days of innocence