Sunday, July 16, 2006
@2:09 AM
Pre-1st National Band Competition
Today is finally the day. Yes, the competition day; 1st National Band Competition.
This is the second time I go on a competition with Mus'art Wind Orchestra. The very first time was the World Music Contest at Kerkrade. Thinking of that, I couldnt imagine how time flies! Almost one year had passed since.. All the reminiscing memories I had in Holland.. Actually, Hammy is quite right about feeling less stress competing at WMC, though it is an international band competition. When we were in Europe, all that was in our minds was to concentrate in the big thing itself.No doubt we practised daily from morning till night, that's all that we were concerned about; We worried nothing else. The rests of our time we spent on enjoying ourselves, eating good and sleeping well. And the weather there was pretty good for relaxation too! Tuning my mind back to the reality, there are more things we worried about at home beside the competition. Or rather, we engaged ourselves with more activities here, such as schooling and work. So naturally, we might not be able to achieve that ultimate relaxed mode like we had in Holland. Nevertheless, I have faith that we CAN perform well for the competition. I believe that we will reap what we've sowed, and all that hard practices will not go into waste. =)
May the heavens watch over Mus'art during the competition, ensuring that everything will be a smooth-sail, and that we'll play our hearts out. Most importantly, all of us on stage will enjoy playing the March and Xenia Sarda.
Yearn for the days of innocence