Let's forget the negatives.
Site
Best viewed in IE.
Image X
Brushes X | X
Hosted X | X | X
Designer X | X

Yelrihs
Huili
19 June
blue

Loves: family,friends, hammy, music, TV
Dislikes: smokers

Memoires

January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009

Plugs

Alicia
Clara
Cloud
Daniel Kang
Hammy
Royal King
Lady J
Keehui
Nancy
Siew Chen
Zari

Yak

Wednesday, July 19, 2006
@11:55 AM

Post-1st National Band Competition

NBC's over in a twinkling of an eye! Somehow, I just couldnt believe that it's over so fast. I remember how Musart was gearing up for the NBC the day we decided to go for it. Each and everyone of us may be busy with our work and personal lives but we never failed to try our best to attend the weekly Sunday practice. We would start off each practice session with First Suite in E-flat - March; play, record and listen; followed by Xenia Sarda; play, record and listen. I thought it was really an effective way of learning; we listen to our strengths and weakness, and learn from our mistakes. Of course, I did wonder then if we could cope NBC and our annual concert, especially when the concert was only one day after the competition.

Now looking back, I'm proud to say we coped them both equally well! I'm glad to announce that Mus'art Wind Orchestra won a Gold medal with a score of 85.4 (I'm not very sure about the decimal cos' the annoucement was rudely interrupted by some "roars"). The best news for us is we entered top 3! We're in the third placing, and are invited to perform for the honours concert this Sunday at VCH. =)

However, the band opted out of the performance cos' we are given less than 10 mins on stage! That's quite ridiculous. A piece like Xenia Sarda already amounts to 10 mins plus. Anyway, we have other priorities too; essentially the upcoming National Day concert at CC, as well as Beautiful Sunday perf at the Esplanade. =) Looking forward to the latter!!!

That's besides the point but I'm very happy that we achieved what we worked for; and this is really a great great morale booster for the band (after the good achievement at WMC). Everyone has put in our heart and soul on the day of the competition. I must say, we sounded exceptionally well on stage that day; The best we played among all our rehearsals and practices.

Of course, I do not deny that there are always better bands amongst us, like those which came in 2nd and 1st. I heard the former; they were *thumbs-up*. But probably the winner sounded better at the same piece. Whatever it is, Congratulations to both bands! Not forgetting, I would like to congratulate MJCSB for grabbing a Gold medal in the 1st Division =D And to my Hai Sing Band juniors, you guys had done your very best at the competition too! The competition is not about winning, but rather, gaining more exposure by competing annd knowing where you stand among the rests. I'm sure through this wonderful experience, your music knowledge has certainly soared to greater heights! =)

Yearn for the days of innocence