Let's forget the negatives.
Site
Best viewed in IE.
Image X
Brushes X | X
Hosted X | X | X
Designer X | X

Yelrihs
Huili
19 June
blue

Loves: family,friends, hammy, music, TV
Dislikes: smokers

Memoires

January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009

Plugs

Alicia
Clara
Cloud
Daniel Kang
Hammy
Royal King
Lady J
Keehui
Nancy
Siew Chen
Zari

Yak

Saturday, July 22, 2006
@11:27 AM

Is the world that small?

xx Part I xx

I can't believe it... Musart's concert program booklets FOUND its way to MY OFFICE!

Of all companies in Singapore, the courier man left a pack of ten(seemingly) freshly-printed booklets along with other documents with my colleague, KS and went off. Before he started to wonder how it landed on his hand when he didnt ask for it, another colleague of mine, AL found the programme cover familiar (cos' I gave her the postcard earlier to promote the concert). And what a pair of sharp eyes she has, she spotted me right there in a section photo taken at WMC. KS gave no second thoughts of peeping my phone and asked if those booklets belonged to me. I was like,

"HUH?! What do you mean by the 10 program booklets you mentioned? Yes, I did have a concert, but I only passed one POSTCARD to AL!"

Without furthur ado, I quickened my pace to the 1st storey and checked it out.

Indeed, the 10 booklets were nicely packed in a transparent plastic. The receptionist thought I forgot to take it with me and left it at the reception table. AL is even more imaginative. She asked if it's dear who delivered it to me. I was like, "hello, that's out of question. Why would he do that in the first place?!"

The most intriguing thing was the concert was already over last Sunday; What are these booklets doing here in the office? Even if it's for marketing purposes, the postcards make it more sensible than these programme notes.

As I was thinking how it all happened, KS was so funny la. He handed me a booklet that he took out from the pack, and asked me to look at the list of Musicians. There he put under the trumpet section, "Cheong KXX SXXX" Then, he lamed on and claimed that he performed in the concert but sadly, he din have a chance to sell tickets to them (my colleagues). He act act to the other colleagues by asking me (as if knowingly),

"Eh..Huili ah, our next concert is next year, July right? By then, I'll give you guys (complimentary) tickets to watch."

I wanted to expose him and asked,

"Err..so why is your name written in pencil ah?"

At a stroke of genius, he said," Oh..cos they left my name out. So, they added it in the last minute."

I really took my hats off him la!!!

(I learnt from AL who was formerly from band that before I came down, KS claimed that he's a trumpeter, but unknowingly put his name under the Percussion section till she told him. Haha. I almost burst out in laughter!)

But coming back to the matter, we later found out that the man made a mistake. He accidentally left the booklets with KS when he's supposed to deliver these extras to Jurong Green CC. But really, it was amusing that the courier man's mistake could be such perfect that the performer for the concert is right there in the office. The receptionist explained it to the man who returned later for the booklet, and even pointed out my picture to the man. I was like ehh...speechless.

What a coincidence! The world is that small. Can you believe it?

Buy toto? Haha. Nah. I'm not for it. =)

xx Part II xx

Due to this "Musart program booklet found its way to 'Academy of Medicine' " saga, almost the entire office knew of my band-ing and hammy who's my boyfriend. Cos' dear is also in the photo. It started with AL asking, "where's your boyfriend (in the WMC pics) ah?" She knew that dear is in the same band as me. Subsequently, other colleagues were like "where? where? which one?" Haha. Quite funny la. And the receptionist is soo nice!! She asked if I've other concerts; cos' she din know I possess such talent(I was really flattered) and she would like to support me if possible. I felt over the cloud nine! =D

***

My boss is soo sweet! I missed the Swensens' lunch for the company on Wednesday, but he bought me a slice of ice cream cake! He also gave it to those who couldnt turn up. Soo nice!!!

Yearn for the days of innocence