Wednesday, May 03, 2006
@4:34 AM
The second half of Inspirations VI saved it all. I was particularly impressed with the soloist who played Carmen Fantasie, Op. 25. You should have seen how focused he was in his playing. Without the music scores, he closed his eyes and played his heart out; swaying his body along with the melody. And towards the end of the piece, I thought he nearly went 'zou huo lu mo'; his head was nodding frantically, as if it was his metronome and his fingers.. Oh wow..his fingers were not running. They were FLYING! Yes, they were 'flying' along the board of strings. Hammy and I watched with our jaws dropped. His techniques are undoubtedly marvellous. *thumbs up!*
Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture was a nice one =) Hammy was saying that if we could, we should 'bagged' the first clarinettist and first trumpeter to musart. haha. Ya, I agree. They are really good!
I shant comment much about the first half. The String Octet in E flat Major was...bad. Yea..the tuning was way too off to be bearable. *oops*
Yearn for the days of innocence