Monday, September 12, 2005
@1:28 PM
Friday - A beautiful day. Thank You lots!=D I really enjoyed myself.
Saturday - Had a fruitful clar tutoring session with Tang Xiao Ping at Nanyang House yesterday morning. However, a saddening thing was to realise something which I could have found out earlier if only I've paid more attention to my playing.
My embrochure.
Yes, the most basic fundamental in clar playing. And it is incorrect. What a grave mistake to commit, considering the fact that I've played the instru for like 6 years? How unbelieveble. Thank goodness, NTU clar section has tutoring classes like this with Mr Tang to spot my mistake right away and correct it. Oh well, it do upset me though. No doubt abt that. Imagine that you have to start learning from the scratch again. Worst, it is only after one have actually gotten used to playing with her 6 years' span of incorrect embrochure. *Sigh*
But Huili, fret not k? Be patient. Practice makes perfect. =D
Band prac in the afternoon was a total challenge. Played first clar and was like struggling with my high notes! Argh. Irritating. Too long never lay my fingers along that range of pitch and have almost forgotten some of the important fingerings. Moreover, I was trying out my new embrochure for the first time in band. So besides coping with tt strange feeling of playing, I also hav to tackle with my sight reading pieces which I either came across once or never. On top of that, the ledger-lined high notes! Too many things at one go to manage. Luckily, I've my senior to play with me! But gotta be more independent as time passes by. =D Huili, U can do it! Yeah ^-^
By the way, all the best to all my juniors who're taking their prelims soon! Jiayous!!! =D U guys can do it. Dun be too stressed out! Jus think 'stressed' as 'desserts' spelled backwards. =D
Yearn for the days of innocence