Thursday, January 27, 2005
@2:40 AM
How I miss my blog!!!
Havent blogged for like ages. Thanks to the whatever virus which had made my system down for quite a few days. *dots* Anyway, I'm glad that I cld finally post an entry for today. There's lotsa things I wanna update wor! ^-^
Hmm..time flies indeed! I've been working at HSBC for a week by now. Well..it's truly a wonderful job with wonderful colleagues and quite wonderful customers (ehh..some customers like to grumble and complain lots..well, you know you know. Otherwise, they're really nice! =D ).
This is my first time working and I'm blessed to have such a good job.As a matter-of-fact, I dun normally like to do cust.svs sort of job, probably b'cos I think I dun have a flare for it. However, this temp job has somehow changed my opinions;I cld actually relate myself to the customers rather comfortably. Moreover the feeling of being thanked for, for my service is great. Yes, GrReEaAt to the power of infinty. Tt kind of sensation is simply indescribable. =D Certain customers were so happy with my service that they even asked for my name. Wow~ what an achievement huh huili! (abit think-skinned here arh? haha..) =P Maybe I can opt for cust. service for my next job. ^-^
And also,having to lunch and go home all by myself every work days, I've more or less learnt to be more independent. You wont believe this; Ever since Monday, I've solo walked from Orchard to City Hall after work; Partly due to the reason of saving transport fares,(Do you know how ex it's to travel to and fro from Home to Orchard every 5 and the 1/2 working days?!)I think it's a good form of exercise and relaxation. An ideal way of chill-out after a day's work ya? With my plug-in, I dun feel lonely at all to take a good stroll for such a long distance. In addition, I even witnessed Thaipusam (is tt how you spell?!) along the Bras Basah street yesterday, which was an eye-opener for me in fact. =D Maybe you guys can try it out? haha~ :)
Fri went out with buddy in the afternoon and watched My Brothers! Yeay! Gt Won Bin! Haha~ A good movie with a touching story. Recommended to watch for those who hasnt. =) Den had Ad-hoc Winds rehearsal at Soka, and after which din at Long John (yeay again! lol) with my Clar section mates and Dan, not forgetting Amanda's dear who joined us later. A great dining indeed with Dan's sharing of ghost stories, peppered with lame jokes which sent the crow sqeaking and the penguins skiing. *lol* Siew Peng and I had also chipped in some creepiness too. Nevertheless, a good no. of anti-climax was created with Amanda's innocent questioning of certain story parts. *haha* =D Havent had such a good laughter for long, and I truly enjoyed this little gathering.
Sun was undoubtedly an eventful day:
0900 - 0925: Woke up; breakfast
0930 - 1000: Taught Piano
1000 - 1045: Duet prac with Xinhui
1055 - 1135: Lunch at neighbourhood Mac
1140 - 1640: Journey to Jurong Green; Audition cum Mus'art prac
1645 - 2130: Journey to Soka at Tamp; Ad-hoc Winds performance
2135 - 1045: Supper with Clar mates at tamp interchange Mac
1050 - 1115: Journey back home
Looks like Mac had occupied a large portion of space in my stomach. *lol*
The audition...well, I'm not very certain if I've passed it. But Mrs Chua wanted me to consult my parents for the World Music Contest(WMC) trip to Holland in July. Does that mean that I'm In for the competition? *Lotsa question marks running wildly in my mind* I'm quite curious abt the audition outcome. In spite of tt, I was told that I wld only be informed of the result after every section member has undergone the audition; and by den, it will be (as scheduled) in April?! WOAH!! Keep me in suspense for soo long! *sigh* Anyhow, I've sort of ask dad and mom abt the trip..However they havent really given me a green light. Dad was merely listening to my explanation of the trip and well..seemingly has given a look of approval. As for mom...*big sigh* She doesnt sound supportive of tt though. No matter what, I'll try my very best to persuade them de! It's a rare opportunity alright?! If I'm not mistaken, WMC is held once every four to five yrs leh! Should I miss this golden chance, I might regret for life. :S
The Ad-hoc Winds performance at Soka was marvellous. Though we only did two songs; Mamma Mia and Hey Baby, it's indeed an impressive showcase of the combined school bands which comprises of HSCband, NASSband and a minority of AHband plus a MSHband member (a.k.a Mr Chua's relative).Hopefully we can have more of such performance in the future and probably, have more pple from AH and band members from Crescent Girls. =D
Alright..tt's all for today. Gotta work tmr. Ciao~ ^-^
Yearn for the days of innocence